I wish my hair was like Beyonce’s and I just #wokeuplikethis but it takes some tricks to get my curls to behave.
You’ll often see me wear my hair straight and that’s because it’s fun. I like to play around with my look. But I feel more “me” with curly hair.
I think my hair looks the most beautiful when I take the time to really style my curls. To help you get perfect curls, I’m going to share some of my best tricks that work every time.
Whether you’re naturally curly, or you just ate all your crusts hoping for your hair to curl, you can achieve your most beautiful curls.
Curly girls – time to show Australia how beautiful our curls are!
There’s a knack to styling curly hair that takes trial and error to work out. No two curls are the same after all.
1. Choose the right shampoo and conditioner. This will depend on whether your hair is dry or coloured, but most curls need moisture so choose a hydrating one if you’re not sure.
2. Shampoo your roots only and let your shampoo rinse through the rest of your curls. You don’t want to create knots by rubbing your hair too much.
3. Apply conditioner to the midlengths and ends of your hair and gently comb it through with a wide-tooth comb. Rinse thoroughly.
4. Flip your head upside down and gently squeeze some of the excess water out of your hair. Use your fingertips on your scalp to lift your hair so that your curls can form.
5. Apply a mousse or curl cream to your hair like Extra Care Curl Flex.
6. Use your towel to gently squeeze any excess moisture from your hair. Don’t rub your hair or you’ll create instant frizz. You want to leave your curls in their natural shape as much as possible.
7. Let your hair air dry or use a diffuser to gently dry your hair and add volume at the roots.
Curly style tip: Add in an extra treatment step between shampoo and conditioner if your hair is prone to frizz or is dry. The extra hydration can help reduce frizz and static.