There’s an art to the perfectly messy ponytail.
Some girls seem to pull it off in their sleep, but my hair just looks like a nightmare.
I couldn’t handle the knots and tangles of the genuine bedhead ponytail but I’ve discovered two products to instantly recreate perfect bedhead waves in my clean hair.
The combination of styling powder at the roots and sea salt spray on the ends transforms my freshly washed hair into perfect rock chic bedhead.
Plus it gives mega volume to my soft hair.
How to style a perfectly messy ponytail
- Schwarzkopf Extra Care Volume Powder
- Taft Full On Sea Salt Spray
- Hair elastic
- Bobby pins
1. Start with freshly washed hair, either let your hair air dry or blowdry your hair for speed.
2. Apply Schwarzkopf Extra Care Volume Powder to the crown of your head and work it in with your fingertips. This is where you can really get some volume at the roots of your hair. Add more to the front of your hair if you need it.
3. Next spritz some Taft Full On Sea Salt Spray in the midlengths and ends of your hair. Scrunch it into your hair to create more waves and texture. This sea salt spray gives you that beachy feel but won’t leave your hair feeling crunchy.
4. Leave a 2 inch section of hair out on your left side and gather the rest of your hair into a low ponytail. Don’t make your ponytail too tight; pull at the hair above the elastic to keep the volume in your hair.
5. Twist the left section of hair over your ponytail and pin it in place. You can backcomb for extra volume, but you don’t need to be precise with this style. Pin it over your ponytail to cover the elastic and give it a more relaxed finish.
Now that you’ve mastered the perfectly messy ponytail, snap a hair selfie and enter Australia’s Most Beautiful Hair to win some fantastic prizes.
Each hair challenge you complete gives you more chances to win so get styling and enter here.