1 Trick Pony – How to make your ponytail look longer
One of the reasons I used to shy away from wearing ponytails is that my hair is not very long. I always wanted a long, swishy ponytail that would swing as I walked down the street but my hair is too curly and wouldn’t grow that long.
I used to think hair extensions would be the only answer until I discovered this 1 trick ponytail.
Here’s my hair blowdried, then put up in a regular ponytail but then check how long it looks in my secret trick ponytail!
I’m in love with this simple style that makes an everyday ponytail look and feel more glam.
The secret is a second ponytail hidden underneath.
How to style the 1 trick pony
- Schwarzkopf Extra Care Strong Styling hairspray
- Two hair elastics
- Bobby pins (optional)
1. You want to separate your hair into two equal sections but still make it look like there’s just a single ponytail. Create an inverted U-shape part in your hair from your neck to the crown of your head.
2. Put the top section up in a ponytail and secure with a hair elastic.
3. Gather the lower section of hair into a ponytail at the nape of your neck.
4. Finish with a spritz of hairspray to smooth any flyaways and to fold your style in place.
5. As an optional step, you can use bobby pins to connect some of the top ponytail to the bottom if you want to further conceal the bottom ponytail.
Now it’s time to swish your hair as you walk down the street with your super long ponytail!
This is the perfect ponytail to show off how beautiful your hair is.
Snap a hair selfie and share it here [LINK] to be in the running to win Australia’s Most Beautiful Hair! You could win a fab fashion shoot with Tash & Elle of They All Hate Us blog and take home $2000 cash. There are also category prizes so what are you waiting for?
Snap your best ponytail and enter Australia’s Most Beautiful Hair here.