3 quick ponytail hairstyles plus my 1 trick pony
Ponytails – they’re a hair-drobe staple.
I mean, who doesn’t wear them at least once a week? Most likely you wear them even more often that that.
But it’s time to get out of your regular ponytail rut and try and some new styles with your hair.
If you want to stand out from the crowd in the search for Australia’s Most Beautiful Hair, then a boring pony just won’t cut it.
Playing along with the Pony Tails challenge, I’m sharing tutorials for 3 of my favourite ponytails including the braid wrap side pony, the messy pony that works even in clean hair and the ‘1 trick pony’ that converted me to loving ponytails again.
Have fun with your hair and forget your everyday ponytail. You want a ponytail that’s worth a hair selfie so you can enter Australia’s Most Beautiful hair.
I’d love to know which is your favourite look.
The braid wrap side ponytail
Side ponytails always feel flirty and fun.
Side ponies are an easy and casual hairstyle but the little braid detail amps up the style by making your hair the accessory.
The best thing about this style is that it works in straight and curly hair so no matter what category you’re entering, you’ll love this look.
How to style the braid wrap side ponytail
- Taft Full On Rise & Shine body + gloss soufflé
- Hair elastic
- Bobby pins
1. Prep your hair with some Taft Full On Rise & Shine body + gloss soufflé. I love this product for taming any flyaways and adding volume but it still leaves my hair soft and easy to style.
2. Create a deep side part on the right and comb all your hair around to the left side.
3. Gather all of your hair into a side ponytail except for a small piece of hair underneath. This will become your braid.
4. Split the small section into three and plait it.
5. Wrap the braid around your ponytail elastic to cover it and pin it in place with a bobby pin underneath your ponytail.
I love how the braid adds a little detail to your everyday ponytail, making it more fun to wear for the weekend too.
Now don’t let that detail go to waster. Snap a hair selfie and enter your hair in the Pony Tails challenge for Australia’s Most Beautiful Hair!
Not only could you win a fab fashion shoot with Tash & Elle of They All Hate Us blog, there’s also a $2000 cash prize. Every category winner takes home prizes too so get snapping and show us how beautiful your hair is.
Enter your hair selfie here now