Soft high and lowlights are an awesome and easy way to change-up your look when you start to feel the lull of winter. We teamed up with BeautyHeaven to show you how you can add a little life to your hair colour, without spending a fortune (or even leaving the house!). This colouring technique is perfect for adding a subtle touch of colour to your brunette hair.
The Steps (there's less than 10!)
- Choose a shade that contrasts with your natural colour (Claire used Brilliance Sunkissed Blonde and Elegant Amber Brown)
- Make sure you read the instruction leaflet before you start. It will give you all the info you need on completing a strand and allergy test
- With a clip, secure a large section of hair on top of your head to be left uncoloured
- Cover your shoulders with an old towel to protect your clothes and put on the gloves provided in your colouring kit.
- Empty the Diamond Gloss serum and Colour Crème into the application bottle and shake vigorously until it forms a smooth cream.
- Using your hands apply the colour to alternate panels of hair, leaving every third panel uncoloured. Focus the colour on the tips of the hair, gradually fading as you smooth the colour upwards into the mid-lengths.
- Leave the colour to process for up to 30 minutes, checking frequently to ensure the colour is lifting to a desired level
- Add a little water to emulsify the colour cream, then rinse your hair until the water runs clear. Finish by using the Brilliance Colour-Shine Conditioner