Trust Dior to take double buns away from their traditionally Kawaii-cute vibes, and make them the must-try, sophisticated style via their Autumn/Winter 2016 show. With a sleek, boyish side part at the front and two low knots at the nape of the neck, the look is as youthful and cool, as it is elegant and tough.
- Prep hair with a shine-boosting oil such as Schwarzkopf Extra Care Ultimate Repair, Repair & Gloss Treatment, from the mid-lengths to ends. Create a deep side parting
- Blow-dry your hair smooth with a round brush, keeping you part in place
- Once your hair is dry, create a middle parting down the back of your head to the nape of your neck.
TIP Use a tail comb for a crisper part line
- Secure into two low pigtails at the nape of neck
TIP Use fine, rubber bands for a more seamless finish
- Spray the two ponytails with a high hold hairspray, such as Schwarzkopf Extra Care Strong Styling Hairspray Maximum Hold, to smooth and create grit
- Twist the first ponytail around into a rope, and then keep twisting into a small bun
TIP If your hair is layered or has flyaways, boost shine, smoothness and hold by applying hairspray as you twist
- Pin bun into place with bobby pins, pulling it apart slightly to create an even shape
TIP Spray the crown and run over with a clean, dry toothbrush to smooth down any baby hairs or frizz
- Repeat steps four to seven on the other side
- Finish with a dry oil spray Schwarzkopf Dry Oil Mist Smooth & Shine, for a high fashion high gloss finish
GRAZIA Australia: grazia.com.au
Video: Michael Wolf @wolfshooter